Microsoft Bookings is a scheduling tool that makes managing appointments easier. It's a web-based booking calendar and integrates with Outlook to optimize your staff’s calendar and give your customers flexibility to book a time that works best for them.
It lets you track, manage and organize your team's appointments and calendars all in one place. It also includes email and SMS text notifications that can reduce no-shows and enhances customer satisfaction. Your organization saves time by minimizing the repetition of scheduling tasks. With built-in flexibility and ability to customize, Bookings can be designed to fit the situation and needs of many different parts of an organization.
Bookings is comparable to Calendly. Unlike Calendly, Bookings is fully supported by the University and included in current licensing (see who can use Bookings below).
Here are examples of how it may be used:
- Faculty Office Hours
- Scheduling small group events
- Coordinating meetings with external users
Anyone, including external users, can use MSFT Bookings to book an appointment.
All currently contracted employees can fully utilize Bookings, not including student employees.
If you are a supervisor new to Role Manager, click the link to get access https://td.byui.edu/TDClient/79/ITServicePortal/Requests/TicketRequests/NewForm?ID=RnajndnqfGg_&RequestorType=Service.
Once you've been granted access, then click the link to access Role Manager: https://roles.byui.edu to add your students.
If you are a supervisor with existing access to MSFT Bookings on Role Manager, click the link to access Role Manager: https://roles.byui.edu/ to add your students.
CAS – Central Authentication Service
Brigham Young University - Idaho
To maximize the use of your calendar, we have determined the most widely used settings and listed them below. Please make sure you have each of these settings. You may always change and modify as you see fit. If we have not indicated to select something, please leave it blank or unchecked.
- Login by clicking the link to Microsoft Bookings http://book.ms/
- Create a new Calendar (from scratch), follow the prompts.
- After creating a calendar, click on the “Booking Page” on left hand side
- Configure Booking Page - Available to anyone
- Business page access control – check “disable direct search...”
- Customer date usage – leave blank
- Edit Default Scheduling Policy with appropriate “Time Increment,” “Minimum Lead Time” and “Maximum Lead Time.”
- Minimum Lead Time – this is the time before the meeting can be scheduled or canceled with you.
- Maximum Lead Time – time in advance someone can book a meeting with you. For example, 10 days (about 1 and a half weeks) in advance, 2 weeks in advance. You could change this setting, as necessary.
- Keep the current settings for Email Notifications as defaulted (notify... and send... should both be checked).
- Customize your page – You can make the edits as necessary. Check “Display business logo...”
- Region and time zone settings – set to your location (e.g. Rexburg, English, Mount Time)
- Scroll back up and click “Save”.
- Under “Staff” on left hand side
- Click on “Add new staff” and follow the prompts
- Under “Services” on left hand side
- Add new service, follow the prompts
- Click on “Edit services” then click on “Notifications” on the left, check the “enable text messages notification...”
- Leave “Notify the business via email...” and “send a meeting invite to...” checked.
- Click on “Custom Fields” and require email and phone number
- Click “Save changes”
- Under “Business information” on left hand side
- Click on “Basic details”
- Name – your calendar name
- Business – your business address
- Business phone – your phone number
- Send customer replies to - It is critical to fill out “Send customer replies to” with an email address. This is where all email replies to booking confirmations and reminders will be sent to. Typically, this will be your email or a shared office email, if this is for a team. When you add staff to the calendar later, they will get individual emails related to the bookings they are assigned. v) Website URL - http://byui.edu/
- Currency – USD
- Business type – Education
- Click on “Basic details”
- Business logo – Add the BYU Idaho logo (black box/white lettering)
- Business hours – This is typically the business operation hours 8 am – 5 pm. You can be more granular with the booking page or service availability.
- ACS App Integration – leave blank, click save on the top.
For more help call the IT Help Desk at (208)496-1411