For Advisors: My To Do list
My To do
Find My To Do list from the pull-out menu on the left.
To start working on an entry, you can click anywhere in the entry.
- This shows the Advising office you are showing. You can change this by clicking here.
- To view all To Do items, regardless of college, click on the check box.
- There are three types of To Do items: Review GradPlan, Review Referral, and Switch Plan. You can narrow the list using this pull-down menu. For definitions, see Types and Statuses below.
- There are two statuses that To Do items can be in: Not Started and In Progress. You can narrow the list using this pull-down menu. For definitions, see Types and Statuses below.
- You can use this to search for anything listed on the entry: name, type, college, I-Number, etc.
- This shows you the name of the student who this entry belongs to. Note this may not be the person who created the entry. See Types and Statuses below.
- This shows you the student's I-Number.
- This shows you the type of entry, or the reason the entry is in the To Do list. The Type tells you what the student needs and how to complete the task. See Types and Statuses below.
- This shows you who the entry is assigned to. It could be to an office or to a person.
- You can follow the normal steps to complete the entry and remove it from your To Do list, or you can mark the item as complete here, if the process was completed through a different system.
You can also get a shortened version of the To Do list from the Waiting Room or Advising Dashboard.
Types and Statuses
The three types are Review GradPlan, Review Referral, and Switch Plan.
Review GradPlan: This type of entry is created when a student submits their Grad Plan to an advisor. When you click on the entry, you are taken to their Grad Plan and can see the note they left. To complete this entry, you must Send Recommendations back to the student. When you make a change to their Grad Plan, the student is logged into the Waiting Room under your name, the To Do status changes to In Progress, and the Assignee becomes you. When you Send Recommendations, the actions you took are logged as the Visit Reason and everything you typed in the message back to the student is logged in the Student History.
Review Referral: This type of entry is created when someone else (usually another advising office or a faculty member) uses I-Plan to refer the student to you. To complete this, you must meet with the student and make an entry into the Student History.
Switch Plan: This type of entry is created when a student submits an application to change their major to an application-only major through Grad Planner. To complete this entry, you must review the application through your center's procedure and either accept or reject the application.
The two statuses are Not Started and In Progress.
Not Started: This means that no one has started working on it.
In Progress: This means that someone has started working on it but the process has not been completed.