Career Planner Frequently Asked Questions
This help guide will answer some of the more frequently asked questions
- Which departments are currently using I-Plan?
- Mechanical Engineering
- Construction Management
- Business Management
- Where do I submit an Internship Approval form if I am not in one of the currently supported departments?
If your major is any major other than the majors that are currently supported in I-Plan, you can create your internship request in Career Navigator.
- When will I be able to submit my Internship Approval form in I-Plan?
I-Plan will be phased in over the course of the 2016 calendar year, with all majors supported by the end of the year.
4. How do I add my Resume and other documents to I-Plan?
Click here for instructions on how to add documents to I-Plan.
5. How are the Jobs in the You May Be Interested chosen?
Once a student applies for a certain job or internship, the system will pull up more jobs or internships that may be similar to the jobs that have been applied for.
6. What is the difference between mentors in the Career and Internship module and the mentors in the Educational Strategy module?
These mentors are the same; the focus for contacting a mentor in ES is to gain more understanding about a career, the focus for contacting a mentor in Career and Internships is to get a job or career network.
7. How do I apply for a Job?
Click here for instructions on how to apply for a job using I-Plan.
8. How do I sign up for an Interview?
Click here for instructions on how to sign up for an interview.
9. How do I apply for an expedition, and how do I know when I'm accepted?
Click here to learn how to apply for an expedition.
After applying for the expedition, be sure to check your email regularly so that you can know if you have been accepted for the expedition and for any other specific instructions.
10. What is an information session?
An information session is an open event hosted by an organization who is either looking to hire for internships or full-time jobs, or provide more information about their organization.