Online Learning Central Aim & Values
- Develop expert online instructor teams who inspire and cultivate skills and testimonies of a diverse student body.
- Identify and hire online instructor teams throughout the world.
- Allow any qualified student to enroll in any online course any time.
Online instructor teams (online instructor, teaching assistants, teaching group leader, instructor managers, online course representatives, online course representative managers, instructor developers)
- Focus on students and student outcomes.
- Create a class environment that invites the Holy Ghost and fosters a Church Education System culture.
- Employ effective instructional strategies based on the Learning Model.
- Engage actively in Teaching Groups and Learning Communities.
- Meet baseline standards and regularly improve and strive toward excellence in each standard.
- Engage in continual improvement and ongoing development experiences.
- Understand their importance and unique role in the organization and have adequate resources to perform their role.
Online Employment & Scheduling
- Recruit, hire, and schedule quality online instructors and supporting roles (TAs, etc).
- Allow any student to register in any online class, anytime.
- Maximize online section efficiency.
- Provide an effective, inviting and supportive hiring process.
- Provide effective contracting, setup, registration, materials distribution and payroll for online instructors.
- Schedule available instructors (and supporting roles) according to student demand and individual preferences.
2018-2019 Online Learning Strategic Priorities and Activities
1) Develop Expert Online Instructor Teams
-Maximize online instructor influence
-Online TOA and Spiritual Connections
|2) Expand and Refine Instructor Team Recruiting||
|3) Enable Online Enrollment for Any Student Any Time||