How Do I Upload a Video to Kaltura?
Kaltura, found at https://video.byui.edu, is BYU-Idaho's official video hosting platform. Instructors may upload course-related videos to Kaltura and place them in their courses.
Under the Guest tab in the top right of the page, click Login. This will prompt you for your BYU-I credentials.
- Click "Add New."
- In the dropdown menu, click "Media Upload."
Click the button labeled "Choose a file to upload." Alternatively, you can drag and drop a file onto the page from your computer.
Find the Video
- Browse your computer until you find the video file you'd like to upload.
- Click Open.
Configure Video Settings
Enter Title & Description
Give your video a title and description.
Enter keyword tags that may help you or your students find this video using a search engine.
Choose Publishing Schedule
- Select whether you want the video to always be published or only published for a specific time frame.
- If you select "Specific Time Frame," choose the start time, end time, and time zone.
Choose the privacy level you'd like for this video.
Note for online instructors: The "Unlisted" setting is sufficient for most of your needs. Using links and embed codes all students will have access to this video.
Save & Go To Media
- Click Save to save the settings and information you've entered.
- Click Go To Media to visit the video page. There you can find all the sharing options to share your video with your students.