How to Use Zimride
Zimride will indefinitely suspend their platform for all College and University networks, as announced in an email sent by Zimride on October 8th.
The email reads:
"As a result of the ever-changing environment, we've made the difficult decision to indefinitely suspend the Zimride by Enterprise carpooling platform for all our College and University Networks.
To make this transition as smooth as possible for you, below are the details you need to know about your account deactivation:
On December 31, 2020, your Brigham Young University-Idaho network will be shut down and your user account will be deactivated.
Until then, Zimride will operate as usual and you can post and search for rides.
We will retain your records only up until this time while your account is active and as needed to provide you services.
We understand you may have several additional questions about how this affects you moving forward, so we invite you to check our complete FAQs page here.
Thank you for riding/connecting with us and safe travels!
-Zimride by Enterprise"
Students will be able to use their accounts as usual until December 31st, 2020 when user accounts will be deactivated.
2. Log in with you BYU-Idaho credentials
This is what the Zimride homepage will look like:
Posting a Ride
1. Start by clicking on the yellow "Post a Ride" button on the homepage.
2. This will bring you to a new page. Fill out the information on the page and follow the subsequent steps.
Finding a Ride
1. Click on the "Search" option in the blue bar
2. A new page with a list of rides will show up. You can use this page to search for the ride you want by typing in the starting location and destination. Once you find the ride you want, click on the button that shows the number of seats left.
3. This will take you to a new screen. On this screen, to book the ride, click on the "Book It" button. Follow the steps to pay and you'll be all set.