How Do I Use Screencast O Matic?
Screencast O Matic is an online program that captures your computer screen in a video format. This allows you to record what is happening on your computer screen to share with others. It is useful for creating tutorials, or sharing a process for accomplishing a task on your computer.
Navigate to Site
Go to https://screencast-o-matic.com/ and click on the "Start recording for free" button.
Launch Free Recorder
Click on the Launch Free Recorder option.
This pop-up window may appear when you try to launch the recorder.
- If it does, click on "Open Screen Recorder Launcher v2.0."
- If you don't want this window to appear again, check the box that says "Always open these types of lins in the associated app."
Edit Recording Settings
- Edit the settings for recording method, size, and narration.
- Size can be adjusted to 480p, 720p, the window on your computer that is active, or fullscreen (1080p).
- You can adjust which microphone to use for the narration, or you can turn it off.
- Select "Preferences" to set hotkeys for various commands.
- When you're done with the settings, click the close button.
Max Time and Computer Audio cannot be changed in the free version.
Adjust Area Being Recorded
- To manually change the size of the recording window, click and drag the white handles on the corners or sides of the frame.
- To change the location of the recording window, click and drag the central arrows.
Click the record button to start recording your screen.
- Click and drag the black playback bar to move the window as it is recording.
- Click the pause button to temporarily stop recording.
- To resume recording, click the record button.
- To preview your recording, click the play button.
- To jump to the next/previous point you paused recording, click the next/previous arrows.
- To clear the recording and start over, click the trash button.
- When you are ready to save your recording, click "Done."