How Do I Record with Loom?
Once you add Loom to your browser, you can use it to record your screen. For instructions on how to add Loom to Google Chrome, click here.
Click the Loom icon in the top right of your browser.
Allow Access (First Time Only)
Click "One-Click Access" on the popup that appears on the screen.
If another popup appears, click "Allow."
Configure Settings/Start Recording
Before you start recording, you can customize various settings in the top right and bottom left portions of the screen:
- Choose whether you want to record both the screen and the webcam, just the screen, or just the webcam.
- Select whether you want to record everything on your computer screen ("Full Desktop") or the current tab.
- Turn on/off the microphone according to your preferences.
- The circle in the bottom left will display your webcam. Hover over it to reveal options to resize/hide it. (You can also hide the start/pause/cancel recording buttons with the small menu button.)
- Once you have configured the settings, start recording using either of the start buttons.
Click the green checkmark to finish recording. You can also pause or cancel your recording.
As soon as you finish recording, a new tab will open where you can view your video.
- Click the play button to watch the video.
- You can also download, delete, or share the video.