Microsoft OneNote is a computer program that allows for free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration. It can gather users’ Word documents, screen clippings, audio files, and more into one accessible place. Notes can be shared with other OneNote users over the Internet or a network. OneNote is available as part of the Microsoft Office suite and should already be installed on your campus computer. It is also available for multiple operating systems and devices.
The “Create Shared Meeting Notes” functionality allows users to conveniently create a shared agenda pre-populated with a meeting date, location, and participants. You can use this function to take roll and collaborate on the Notes before, during, and after meetings.
- Password-protected sections: Add a password to protect sensitive information.
- Page history: Easily see or go back to prior versions of a page.
- Audio and video recording: Take notes while recording, and/or jump easily to relevant sections of a recording.
- Audio search: Search for a word in a voice or video recording.
- Embedded files: Insert Office documents or other files directly into your notebook.
For more help visit BYU-Idaho's Yammer community for Microsoft 365 Users.