- OneDrive is free online personal storage that you get with either a Microsoft account or with Outlook.com.
- OneDrive for Business is online storage intended for business purposes.
- Your OneDrive for Business account is managed by your organization, rather than by you.
- Additionally, your OneDrive for Business account can only be accessed with your BYU-Idaho credentials. You must have authorization to do so.
Documents will not save to OneDrive if:
- The name contains special characters like ~, “, #, &, %, and more.
- The file name is longer than 250 characters.
- The file name begins with a period (.) or a tilde (~).
- The file is in an unsupported format such as .tmp” or .ds_store.
- The file is too big or there is not enough room left on the drive to store it.
You should enter your BYU-Idaho username plus byui.edu firstname.lastname@example.org). Do not use your BYU-Idaho e-mail address.
Always choose the Work Account if you are using OneDrive for Business.
Yes, because OneDrive is secured by your BYU-Idaho credentials and is therefore protected information that is kept private.
Yes, your data is encrypted both on the servers and in transit. Also, threat management, security monitoring, and file/data integrity prevents or detects any tampering of data.
In the OneDrive desktop app:
1. Right-click the blue clouds in your system tray.
2. Select Manage Storage.
3. Select View One Drive for Business storage.