How do I Register for Classes?
Go to my.byui.edu and login with your BYUI Credentials
Click on the "Student" tab and scroll to the "Registration" section. Then, click on "Add/Drop Courses"
Scroll to the bottom of the page to the section which says Course Search. There are 6 different categories you can fill out. If you have questions about what each section means, click on the blue circle with a question mark inside it.
- Usually, it works better if you use only two or three of the search criteria boxes (i.e. subject and course code, or class type and subject).
- When searching in the course code box, use only the numbers of the course code instead of the full course code.
- It may take some trial and error to find the class you need. If filling out the course title or the course code doesn't work, try just filling out the first three fields and going through the pages of search results.
- If you want to use the full course code, There must be 5 characters before you enter in any numbers. So if you were searching FDENG 301, you would enter in FDENG301 without a space between the characters and the numbers. But if you were searching for B 100, you would need to enter 4 spaces between the letters and characters so that the total number is 5, like this: B 100.
This will take you to the search results page.
- To see more pages of results, click on the blue links
- For more infomration about a class, click on the blue link of the course code here
- If you see a class you want, click on this box
- When you have selected the Add box on all the classes you want, click the blue Add Courses button at the bottom of the page
If the class was added successfully, you should see a message like the one below on the next page with the course code of the class you added. You will be taken back to the original Class Schedule page.