How to use EMS for Outlook
Make sure you have EMS for Outlook installed in your computer.
If you do not have it installed or have the old version, install the new version by following the steps below.
If you already have it in your computer, go to Step 6.
1. Open your internet browser and navigate to https://ems.byui.edu/EmsForOutlookWebDeploy (We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.)
2. Click on "Download and Install EMS for Outlook".
3. Once the download is complete, run the EMSForOutlook.exe file by clicking on it.
4. If the installation is successful, you should see the message below. Make sure to restart Microsoft Outlook if you currently have it open
5. Once the Outlook App is open, click on the "Calendar Icon".
6. Click on "New Meeting".
7. Click on "Event Resources". Make sure you are using the correct email account to schedule your meetings. (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.)
8. Do the following:
- Select the Template;
- Choose the date;
- Choose the time; (After doing that, the available rooms will be displayed)
- Click on the "Plus" button to add the room to your meeting.
9. Do the following
- Type the Subject;
- Type the amount of attendees;
- Click the "Done" button.
10. Click on "Appointment".
11. Type the emails of people you want to invite to the meeting and the message you want send.
12. Click "Send" and you're all set!