Log into my.byui.edu
1. Click the button which says I-Plan or Grad Planner
Access your I-Plan
1. Click the button which says BYUI Login
2. On the next page, log in with your BYUI credentials
Access your Grad Planner
1. Click on the tab on the left which says Grad Planner
Create an alternate grad plan
1. Click on the option with the plus sign which says Create Alternate Plan
Select your new major
1. In the main search bar, type the major you are thinking about switching to; in this example, we'll use Psychology
2. Under Degree Type, it will show if the degree listed is a Bachelor or Associate degree
3. To see more detailed information about each of the listed majors, simply click on the name of the major highlighted in blue
4. When you have found the new major you want, click on the gear on the "Select" button to the right of the screen
*If you're not sure what major to explore, click on "Visit Career Exploration" for help knowing what major fits your interests
*If you are wanting to graduate as soon as you can, click on the "Shortest Path" button to see the majors that would required the least amount of time and credits to complete with the credits you already have
Select the new major
1. This next page will give you some information and statistics about the new major. If you think this is a major you want to switch to, click the green button which says Start Planning. This does NOT mean that you will officially switch majors at this time. This will ONLY create an alternate grad plan. If you change your mind once you start creating this new plan, you can just stop completing the grad plan and no changes will be made.
2.At this point you can also choose a cluster or minor on the bottom right
Name your new Plan
Complete your new grad plan
1. In order to change your major, you will need to click the green button "Make This My Declared Plan". You will also need to arrange the classes in the order you want to take them.
2. When you have completing your new grad plan, click on the green Validate button. Your grad plan will be sent to an academic advisor for approval. Once the advisor approves your grad plan, your major will officially be changed.