Name Change

Updated Jun 24, 2019

How to change your Name in the new Student Profile Tab

Note: We no longer need to contact Student Records and Registration to make these changes.

Have the student sign in to

On the main homepage, direct the student to the drop down bar that says "More." Within the drop down bar that appears, select "Profile."

They will then be directed to their student profile.

Under the "User Profile" section, they can change their name, Social Security Number, Marital Status, or Birth Date by selecting the "Request Change"  button.

Select the reason for the change next.

Have them fill out the info requested on the page that pops up and then select "Next."

After the student dictates what their new name is the student will have to upload a picture of their Social Security card. BYU-I requires the name change match the name on the Social Security card.

Lastly, the student will confirm that all the information is correct. Below their information will be the image of the Social Security card. Then, have them click "Finished." This will submit their name change request.

Previous Article Marital Status
Next Article Social Security Number Change

Still Need Help?

Contact Us