Marital Status

Updated Jun 24, 2019

How to change your Marital Status in the new Student Profile Tab

Note: We no longer need to contact Student Records and Registration to make these changes.

Have the student sign in to

On the main homepage, direct the student to the drop down bar that says "More." Within the drop down bar that appears, select "Profile."

They will then be directed to their student profile.

Under the "User Profile" section, they can change their name, Social Security Number, Marital Status, or Birth Date by selecting the "Request Change"  button.

Student will first be asked if their spouse also attends or has attended BYU-I or Ricks college. If yes, they will be asked if they would like to update their spouse's information too.

If the student selects to also change the information for their spouse they will see this pop-up. They will need to select "OK" to continue.

Student will need to fill out all the information and select "Create & Print Form". They will then hit "Next" to continue.

Student will then be required to upload their Change in Marital Status Form and Marriage License or Temple Certification. They will be shown a sample and will need to hit "Next" in order to submit their own documents.

Lastly, the student will confirm that all the information is correct before selecting "Finish."

If the student chooses to only up date their information they will first select their desired Martial Status Change

Next, they will need to Upload their required documents. This could be a marriage license or divorce decree.

Lastly, they will need to confirm their information is correct. They will need to select "Finish" to submit their request.

Previous Article How do I Register for Classes?
Next Article Name Change

Still Need Help?

Contact Us