You do not need to complete this application in one sitting. You can save your progress and then return to the application using the same method you initially used to sign in. If you have questions about steps in this application, please complete this form.
Please note, we are always trying to improve the application process. Because of this, improvements may have been made since the creation of this guide.
Step 1| Begin
Go to www.byupathway.org/admissions/degrees, and scroll down to “Apply.” Carefully read the instructions in the pop-up.
You will either use your Church account or BYU Net ID to log in. If you use your BYU Net ID, there will be a point in the application where you are asked to connect your Church account. If you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or you do not have a Church account, select “Create Account” and follow the instructions given. After connecting your Church account to your application, you should be able to use it to log in to the application when you return to it later.
Step 2 | Welcome
The welcome page provides information about each CES school. If you are applying to a BYU-Idaho online degree program, you only need to read the BYU-Pathway Worldwide information. When you are done, click “Continue.”
Step 3 | Privacy Notice
Read through the Privacy Notice, then click “Save and Continue.”
Step 4 | Identity
Fill out or confirm your information, then click “Save and Continue.” If your name will be different (i.e. maiden name) on any transcripts you are required to send, be sure to include that information by selecting “+ Add a former name.”
Step 5 | School Selection
Click “Apply” next to the BYU-Idaho and BYU-Pathway Worldwide icons. (Do not apply for BYU-Idaho if you are only planning to participate in the BYU-Idaho Online Degree Program.)
Step 6 | Information Release
Click the box to acknowledge you have read and understand the information release terms. Then select “Save and Continue.”
Step 7 | Educational Summary
Indicate if you’ve completed, or will complete, PathwayConnect. If you haven’t participated in PathwayConnect, you will need to answer a few additional questions. When you’re done, click “Save and Continue.”
Step 8 | Semester
Select the semester you are applying for and choose a major. If you do not know which major you should select, choose something you think you might want, and you can change it later. Click “Save and Continue.”
Step 9 | Citizenship
Complete and verify your citizenship information, then click “Save and Continue.” If the information is incorrect, click “Identity section” to update your address and/or citizenship. When you save your information in the Identity section, return to the Citizenship page and answer the questions.
Step 10 | Biographic
(Optional) Fill out the biographic questions. When you’re ready to move to the next section, click “Save and Continue.”
Step 11 | Miscellaneous
Read and answer the questions in this section carefully, then click “Save and Continue.”
Step 12 | Religion
Fill in or verify your religious information. All applicants, whether they are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or not, will need to connect a Church account to their application. For members of the Church of Jesus Christ, select “Latter-day Saint” for your religious affiliation. When selecting your ward/ branch/unit name, click anywhere in the text field to open a new web page. Follow the search instructions to find your ward or branch. If you served a mission, you will use a similar search function to find the name of your mission. (If you cannot find your exact mission, choose one close to where you served.) When you’re finished, click “Save and Continue.
Step 13 | Education History (Secondary Ed and College/University)
Based on your responses in the Educational Summary section of the application, you may see different fields than are shown in this tutorial. Answer each question to the best of your knowledge, then click “Save and Continue.”
Tips for this section:
• If you completed or will complete PathwayConnect, it should already be listed in the College/University section. If it does not automatically appear, search for it in the name field by entering United States > Idaho > Pathway Program.
• If you completed any credits at an accredited college or university in the United States, you are required to list them and submit official transcripts for each school you attended (you will not be required to submit transcripts for PathwayConnect). Instructions on sending transcripts can be found on the right side of the College/University page or Status page of this application.
• If you completed PathwayConnect and have credits at a school that is NOT an accredited United States school (most international colleges/universities), DO NOT list these schools in your application. Your transcripts can be evaluated for possible BYU-Idaho credit at a later time.
• If you do not know the amount of credits you have earned at a school, we suggest you estimate slightly lower. If you are unsure of the credits you have from PathwayConnect, please enter “9.”
Step 14 | Ecclesiastical Endorsement
Click “Begin Endorsement” to start your portion of the ecclesiastical endorsement process.
A new page will open with instructions for completing the endorsement. On the first page, select “Student” and then “Applicant.” Then select the blue text beginning with, “I am applying, returning…”
Read the CES Honor Code, then fill out the information to find who your endorsement should go to. Click “Select” next to the correct information to go to the next page.
The next screen is a confirmation that your endorsement request has been sent. We recommend printing or taking a photo/screenshot of the information to give to your ecclesiastical leader.
You can now close this window/tab and return to your application. (Do not select “Cancel this Endorsement Request” if you are just trying to exit the page.)
Note: It is now your responsibility to reach out to your ecclesiastical leader (usually your bishop or branch president) to schedule an endorsement interview. If your leader cannot find your endorsement in their system, ask them to sign in as a “Leader” at endorse.byu.edu.
Step 15 | Status & Submission
The status page shows which sections of the application are complete and incomplete. You will not be able to submit your application until each section is completed. If a section is marked incomplete, select “Show More” under the section name to continue that part of the application. You should check back often to verify when each section is completed.
• Ecclesiastical endorsements will remain incomplete until the leaders submit their recommendations.
• If you are required to send in transcripts or test scores, that section will remain incomplete until they are received and processed. This can take several weeks, so please be patient. If you feel there has been a processing error, contact BYU-Pathway Support for assistance.
When your application is complete and you are ready to submit it, click “Submit Application.”
Need additional help?
Please complete this form if you have questions about the steps in this application. A support agent will reach out to you via email, phone, or video chat.