How Do I Save My Screencast-O-Matic As A Link?
In some cases, it will be necessary to save a Screencast-O-Matic as a link rather than a video file. Below are instructions on how to save the video as a link.
Sign Up for Screencast-O-Matic Account
Navigate to the Screencast-O-Matic website and click "Sign Up, It's Free."
Enter Email or Signup With Google
- Click "Signup with Google" to use a Google account to log in. It will prompt you to enter a gmail address and password.
- If you don't have a Google account or don't want to use it, enter an email address.
- Click "Sign Up." You will receive an email with a verification link to finish the signup process.
Finish Creating Account
After following the verification link in your email:
- Enter your first and last name.
- Create a password.
- Check "I agree to the Terms of Service.
- Click "Create Account" to finish setting up your account.
Saving As A Link
After you have finished recording and selected done, select the option to Upload to Screencast-O-Matic.
Allow Upload Access
Click "Launch web browser" to allow upload access to Screencast-O-Matic (you only have to do this the first time).
Click the Allow button in the web browser that opens.
Publish the Video
Return to Screencast-O-Matic and click the green Publish button.
Copy the Link
Once this box appears, click the Copy Link option.
The link can also be directly shared to email, Facebook, Google Classroom, and Twitter using the respective buttons.
After the link is copied, you can paste it in a search bar. The link can also be sent to others, giving them access to view the video.