Setting up a JetBrains IDE License
The FTC has an educational license for all JetBrains products. We can have up to 15 people working with a JetBrains product at the same time . This article will show you how to properly license a JetBrains IDE using an FTC license.
Select JetBrains Product
1. Navigate to https://www.jetbrains.com/products.html?fromMenu#type=ide
2. Click on the download link for whichever IDE you wish to use. This will take you to the product download page.
1. Download the commercial version of the software
Install the Software
1. Open the installer and go through the installation steps
2. When finished, run the IDE
The default installation settings are normally perfectly adequate
Connect to License Server
When first running the IDE, the program will prompt you to activate a license. To do this, complete the following steps:
1. Select 'License Server'
2. Enter 'http://ftcemp.byui.edu:8080' in the server address field
3. Click 'Activate'
The IDE should now load with full functionality