Setting Up Non-Graded Activities with Canvas and VoiceThread
VoiceThread provides a different way to engage with a presentation. It allows people to navigate slides and leave comments in 5 ways - using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam).
The steps below will create a link in your course modules that, when clicked on (by teacher and students) will sign the user in, and enroll them in a course group within VoiceThread.
Click on the "+" icon next to the module where you would like to add the VoiceThread content.
- Select "External Tool" from the list of options to add then scroll down the list and
- Click on "VoiceThread".
- Add in a name for the page if desired or you can keep the default name. You may also select the option "Load in a new tab" if desired.
- When you are done click "Add Item".
Configure the VoiceThread Page
Back in your modules, click on the VoiceThread item you just created.
- Choosing "Course View" will display all the VoiceThreads in this class/group.
- Choosing "Home" will show all of the VoiceThread projects available to the user.
- Choosing "Individual VT" will show a specific VoiceThread. This is most useful for non-graded discussions.
You might also be interested in: