Why Should I Not Enroll Campus Faculty Into an Online Course?
At the FTC, we are not allowed to enroll campus faculty into an online course.
This applies to all campus faculty: even if they were a part of the development of that course, such as a course lead. You must follow the instructions below to give them access to that content.
If a campus faculty member needs access to an online course, what we can do is create a copy of that course for them, and enroll them in that course. They are then free to modify/change/use the course as they please.
- Create a blank reference course.
- Export components from the online course using the Import/Export/Copy components tool.
- Import components from the online course using the Import/Export/Copy components tool.
- Enroll the teacher into the course you have created.
- Delete the online surveys for feedback (ex: Mid-Course Feedback).
Make sure you delete these online surveys from the course. If campus students take them, it will skew the results.